Brief timeline, edited to add timeline for remaining books.Edit
- Frostbite begins a "week or so" before Christmas, and Mason is killed late December or early January. (Frostbite)
- Shadow Kiss begins roughly three weeks after Mason's killed, which puts it in late January/beginning of February, and from there, it's 31 days until Roses birthday, which is the last day of the book. Her birthday should therefor be mid-March. (Shadow Kiss)
- Blood Promise begins when Rose has been in Russia for a few weeks on her own, which sets the book in April. It ends after she comes back to the US in early may.(Blood Promise)
- Spirit Bound takes place in late summer, a couple of months after Blood Promise; during the trials. Lissa celebrates her birthday somewhere in the middle of the book, presumably in August. (Spirit Bound)
- Last Sacrifice is takes place a couple of weeks after Spirit Bound, and ends near the end of summer.
- Bloodlines begins not long after Last Sacrifice, sometime in late August or early September, and ends a couple of weeks later.
- The Golden Lily begins a couple of weeks after the events of Bloodlines. Sometime around late October or early November.
- The Indigo Spell begins in late December just before the Christmas holidays.
- The Fiery Heart begins a month after the events of The Indigo Spell. Which means it is in mid or late January.
Two years before Vampire Academy beganEdit
- The Dragomirs and Rose are in a car crash, which kills everyone but Lissa. Lissa resurrects Rose, creating their magical bond. (December 15)
- Lissa resurrects a freshly dead raven, that Rose, Ms. Karp, and Natalie Dashkov witness. (February 21)
- Vasilisa, Rose, and Ms. Karp do not know that Natalie has seen the entire scene.
- Ms. Karp then tells the two girls that they cannot tell anyone about the resurrection. Ms. Karp also says that Vasilisa cannot do it again.
- Ms. Karp tells Rose that she is Shadow-kissed and that she must take care of Lissa.
- Ms. Karp tells Rose that she and Lissa have a bond and should leave the Academy because there being watched .
- Ms. Karp uses compulsion on Rose to make sure the two girls leave the Academy.
- Ms. Karp is taken away by guardians for being crazy.
- When Greg Dashkov has a party, Wade doesn't leave a feeder alone and Lissa gets extremely angry. (March 17)
- Lissa uses compulsion on him to stop, but she is too angry to stop the compulsion there. She then orders him to destroy his room. Rose takes the blame and is about to be punished.
- Two days later Rose learns that Ms. Karp turned Strigoi. Rose and Lissa break out of the Academy. (March 19)
First day back at the AcademyEdit
- Rose and Lissa are brought back to the Academy by Dimitri Belikov and other guardians.
- Lissa meets Christian Ozera in the attic.
- Rose's first extra training session with Dimitri. (Vampire Academy)
A few days later: Sunday. Early OctoberEdit
- Rose goes to church
- Rose hears about shadow-kissed Anna
- Mason Ashford tells Rose about Mia Rinaldi's parents' job (Vampire Academy)
Three weeks after Rose's return to the Academy. October eveningEdit
- Dimitri tells Rose her best chance with a Strigoi is to run. He also compliments her progress for the first time.
- Lissa finds a dead fox on her bed
- Christian sets Ralf on fire because he bothers Lissa
- Rose for the first time snaps into Lissa's mind on purpose to spy on her and Christian
- Rose and Jesse meet secretly in an unused lounge. She tells him about Mia's parents. They make out. Jesse figures out that Rose fed Lissa.
- Dimitri finds them and for the first time notices Rose's body. He chastises her for endangering her reputation and Rose agrees to add more trainings. (Vampire Academy)
- Mr. Nagy reads out Rose's and Lissa's letter conversation about Jesse. Rose realizes Jesse is not as hot as she used to think.
- People start talking about Mia's family
- Mason looks St. Vladimir up for Rose and she realizes that he is in love with her (Vampire Academy)
"Hello, My Name Is Rose Hathaway" a short story from the 10th Anniversary Edition of Vampire Academy takes place in early November.Edit
November 1, All Saints DayEdit
- Rose and Lissa have been back almost a month
- Rose realizes that she has a massive crush on her older mentor, Dimitri. He's also looking at her admiringly since the night at the lounge
- A royal group is visiting, including Queen Tatiana. Tatiana embarrasses Lissa in front of everyone.
- Rose is angry and lies to Christian. She claims that Lissa doesn't like him and orders him to leave her alone.
- Lissa finds a dead rabbit on the floor and a threatening note. She cuts herself. Rose and Dimitri check on her. (Vampire Academy)
- Jesse and Ralf have claimed they had sex with Rose and that she let them drink her blood. People stare at her and laugh. All respect for her is gone. Rose cries for the first time in years.
- Dimitri lets Rose secretly talk to Lissa. Lissa tells her the rumors are Mia's fault and promises that she will start protecting Rose. She wants to use compulsion. (Vampire Academy)
- Lissa starts convincing people
- Rose goes back into Lissa's head to look when she's using compulsion
- Christian tells Lissa he knows about her using compulsion on people. They are mad at each other. (Vampire Academy)
- The practices with Dimitri are now Rose's favorite part of the day, partly because of her crush on him
- Rose hurts her hands while training, Dimitri is concerned about her.
- Rose talks about female guardians and how they all lose their good looks. Dimitri says it wouldn't happen to her.
- Rose and Dimitri talk about her mom and that she doesn't like her. He tells her she shouldn't be too hard on her.
- Rose talks bad about blood whores and Dimitri tells her that he was raised in a dhampir commune and that they aren't that bad. Dimitri talks about his family and his father.
- Dimitri tells Rose that he knows that the rumors about her are not true. He also tells her he knows she's going to be a great guardian
- Rose tells him she doesn't want to cut her hair. He touches her hair and tells her she shouldn't cut it but wear it up (Vampire Academy)
Next couple of days / a month and a half after their returnEdit
- Rose continues her spying on Lissa
- Lissa reintegrates herself into the royal power players and gets popular again (Vampire Academy)
- Rose realizes that St. Vladimir could heal like Ms. Karp and Lissa
- Anthony and Miles harass Rose. Mason comes to her rescue. Rose realizes she cannot return Masons feelings because of her massive crush on Dimitri.
- Rose asks Mason to get St. Vladimir's book from Christian and tell him that she lied (Vampire Academy)
The next day (Monday)Edit
- Mason brings the books. Rose reads again about St. Vladimir and shadow-kissed Anna. She reads that he got more and more messed up and that Anna helped him.
- Lissa's party. Rose doesn't want to drink because she wants to guard Lissa. (Vampire Academy)
The next day (Tuesday)Edit
- Rose notices a real change since the rumors, people are friendly again.
- Lissa and Aaron are together again
- Rose asks Ms. Carmack about magic. She learns that it's unknown in which element Vladimir specialized in and that Ms. Karp never specialized. She also learns that no one could handle specializing in more than one element, that he would lose his mind.
- Rose asks Lissa to stop her pretense and go back to normal. Rose tells Lissa about Vladimir's and Ms. Karp's abilities. They agree that Lissa doesn't use her magic anymore but still stays with the royals.
- Rose is starting to think that she made a big mistake about Christian. She tells him she wants him to hang out with Lissa again and that she lied to him. He tells her he cannot hang out woth Lissa now that she's "Princess Lissa" again. He advices her to get help from someone she trusts, like Kirova or Dimitri. (Vampire Academy)
A few days laterEdit
- Victor's taking Natalie off campus to go shopping
- Victor and Dimitri are trying to convince Kirova to let Rose come with them
- Lissa finds a dead dove in her backpack (Vampire Academy)
- Rose is allowed to come with Lissa on the shopping trip as a training exercise
- Dimitri tells Rose that if he became Strigoi he'd want someone to kill him
- During the drive back Rose sleeps and rests her head against Dimitri's shoulder
- Natalie rots a bench and Rose hurts her foot. She blacks out and Dimitri carries her to the clinic
- Dimitri visits Rose in the clinic
- Victor sends her the necklace
- Dimitri gives her lip gloss. Rose hugs him. Dimitri carefully touches her face.
- Rose notices she has no injuries. She realizes that Lissa saved her after the accident and also healed her after the bench incident
- Lissa is crying in the chapel's attic. Christian comes to see her. Lissa realizes that Rose made Christian stop talking to her. Christian tells Lissa why Mia wanted to get back at Lissa. Christian kisses Lissa. She responds but throws him out.
- Lissa starts cutting and loses too much blood
- Rose sees how much Dimitri worries and cares about her. She tells Dimitri about Lissa being in danger and he gets Alberta
- Lissa is brought into the clinic. Rose tells her she has to tell them about her healing because it's killing her. Lissa gets angry and tells her to get out. (Vampire Academy)
- Lissa stops speaking to Rose and other people follow her lead
- Mia tries to get Rose on her side (Vampire Academy)
Day of the danceEdit
- Jesse and Ralf tell Rose they told lies about her because Mia slept with them
- Mia confronts Lissa about cutting and Rose breaks Mia's nose. Rose is taken away and tells Christian to go after Lissa
- Victor's guardians attack Christian and kidnap Lissa
- Rose is under compulsion and goes to Dimitri. They kiss and nearly sleep together. Dimitri throws the necklace out of the window and the spell breaks.
- Victor tells Lissa about spirit and that he wants her to heal him. When she refuses he tortures her.
- Lissa is rescued. (Vampire Academy)
- Victor is hold prisoner at Academy until royal regiment of guardians bring him to Moroi prison
- Rose and Lissa are friends again
- Lissa and Christian back together (Vampire Academy)
Four days after the dance and Lissa's kidnappingEdit
- Rose meets Dimitri again. He wants her to report what happened and thinks he took advantage of her. Dimitri lies to her that he wasn't interested in her and it was only because of the spell. (Vampire Academy)
Next day, 2 days after Rose is discharged from the hospitalEdit
- Rose visits Victor and asks him to break the spell. He tells her the feelings were already there and that Dimitri lied. Victor tells her she is shadow-kissed and explains the meaning to her.
- Natalie kills Mr. Nagy and turns Strigoi in order to break out her father. She attacks Rose.
- Dimitri kills Natalie with a stake
- Dimitri carries the fainting Rose to the building. He admits that he wants her but that they cannot be together.
- The doctors prescribe Lissa antidepressants (Vampire Academy)
A week or so away from ChristmasEdit
- Lissa thinks her pills aren't working as well anymore.
- Rose is supposed to take her Qualifier. She and Dimitri discover the bodies of Schoenberg and the Badicas. They also discover that humans help Strigoi.
- It's only "a week or so away from Christmas".
- Rose, Lissa and Christian talk about the massacre. (Frostbite)
The next dayEdit
- Announcement of the ski trip.
- Janine Hathaway arrives with other guardians and charges. Guardians share their real-life experiences with novices and Rose has a fight with her mom.
- In practice Rose is allowed to hold the silver stake and fight with it.
- Rose tells Dimitri that she has the feeling her mother did everything she did only for the marks.
- Rose meets Tasha Ozera.
- Dimitri accompanies Tasha on a shopping trip. (Frostbite)
The next dayEdit
- Rose has to practice with Janine because Dimitri needs to sleep. They have a fight and Janine gives Rose a black eye.
- Lissa wants to know how Rose feels about Mason. She tells her she should start dating again.
- Lissa meets with Christian in the attic of the chapel and they have sex for the first time. (Frostbite)
The next dayEdit
- Rose tells Dimitri she hates her mom. When he tells her to make peace with her she gets angry.
- Rose tells Dimitri he doesn't care about her.
- Rose notices Dimitri is always fighting for control. She kisses him to prove she can. She tells him he isn't good at teaching her control he angrily leaves. (Frostbite)
December 25, ChristmasEdit
- Christmas brunch with Tasha, Dimitri, Rose, Mason, Lissa, Christian.
- Lissa gives Rose a chotki.
- Janine gives Rose a nazar. She tells her that Tasha asked Dimitri to be her guardian and that she is willing to have dhampir children. Janine tells her that Dimitri will agree because it's a great opportunity. Rose is shocked and depressed about the news. (Frostbite)
- They leave for the ski trip.
- Rose, Lissa, Christian and Mason spent almost all of the first day skiing.
- Rose and Mason have their competition. Mason gets hurt.
- Rose meets Adrian Ivashkov. (Frostbite)
- Tasha and Christian are practicing offensive magic.
- Rose is mean to Natasha.
- Christian and Mason tell Rose that Adrian has a bad reputation and goes through a lot of girls.
- Rose and Mason go skiing.
- snowball fight
- Rose kisses Mason
- Adrian visits Rose in her dream (Frostbite)
- There's been another Strigoi attacks. The Drozdov's and Mia's mom died.
- Meeting. Tasha suggest that the Moroi and guardians fight the Strigoi before they come. She also suggests to use offensive magic.
- Rose and Dimitri have a fight over Tasha and Dimitri makes a remark about Rose's age
- Angry at Dimitri, Rose follows Adrian because Dimitri is disapproving of him.
- Adrian invites Rose and Lissa to go swimming. Rose invites the others as well.
- Mason says that he wants to fight Strigoi. Mia is interested in offensive magic.
- People are fighting over the discussion. Some are on Tasha's side, some not
- Adrian asks Rose about Lissa. He wants to talk to her.
- Adrian meets Lissa and tells her that they should talk someday and she agrees
- Mia asks Rose about offensive magic. Mia tells Rose she is an idiot for not realizing what a great guy Mason is
- Rose and Mason kiss. It doesn't feel like it had with Dimitri. (Frostbite)
- Adrian sends Rose perfume Rose returns the perfume because she can't accept is. She is surprised to find Lissa with Adrian.
- Dimitri appears and tells them that they are not supposed to be in Adrian's room
- Dimitri talks to Rose. He wants to know if she hangs out with Adrian a lot. He also tells her that they managed to track some of the Strigoi. He apologizes for the things he said about her age.
- Tasha appears and Rose leaves angrily. Rose tells Mason about the Strigoi. He wants to take on Strigoi but Rose doesn't want to.
- Rose and Mason are making out, but Rose thinks of DImitri and wants to stop. They have a fight because she always wants one thing and suddenly goes in another direction.
- Lissa and Christian have a fight because she was with Adrian
- Lissa cons Rose into going with her to a royal banquet
- People on the banquet are arguing about Moroi fighting or not
- Lissa supposes that Moroi that want to fight should go to the Academy and learn
- Rose is talking to Adrian when her mother arrives and drags her out of the room. She is afraid of Rose's reputation and that she could do something stupid.
- Rose talks to Dimitri. Rose notices that they aren't (verbally) fighting and is glad about it. She tells him he should take Tasha's offer because it's a great chance. She doesn't want to fight anymore and wants Dimitri to be happy.
- Rose leaves Dimitri to tell Mason there will never be anything between them
- Rose notices Mason is gone. Mason, Eddie and Mia are gone to Spokane to fight Strigoi. Rose and Christian follow them.
- Rose, Christian, Mason, Eddie and Mia are captured. They meet Isaiah and Elena. Isaiah says that the Moroi who first kills one of the dhampirs will be released and awakened. The other will die. Isaiah drinks from Eddie. (Frostbite)
- Adrian visits Rose in a dream. He asks her where she is but she wakes up.(Frostbite)
- Lissa and Adrian talk about auras and spirit. Rose realizes he is a spirit user, too.
- Rose, Mason, Christian, Mia, and Eddie escape, but Mason gets killed. Rose kills her first Strigoi, Isaiah and Elena. Mia and Rose start becoming friends.
Fourth day back at the AcademyEdit
- Janine tells Rose it's time to receive her marks (Frostbite)
Day of Rose's molnija ceremonyEdit
- Rose gets her first two molnija marks for killing two Strigoi
- Janine is leaving. She tells Rose she did well considering the circumstances. Rose admits that killing Strigoi isn't as glamorous as she thought. Rose asks her mother about the nazar. Janine tells her it was a gift she received a long tme ago.
- Lissa tells Rose that Adrian is staying for a while to work with Lissa ans Ms. Carmack.
- Rose and Dimitri talk. She says that she blames herself for Mason's death. Dimitri tells Rose that he declined Tasha's offer because he doesn't return her feelings.
- Rose tells Dimitri they aren't Lissa's guardians yet and he kisses her. (Frostbite)
3 weeks later, TuesdayEdit
- Mason died almost three weeks ago
- 31 days til Rose's birthday
- next day: beginning of six weeks field experience
- Victor's trial: next week
- Rose learns that Dimitri is going to Victor's trial and that she and Lissa are not allowed to go
- Rose for the first time sees Mason's ghost (Shadow Kiss)
The next day, WednesdayEdit
- Start of the field experience. Rose is assigned to Christian
- Lissa has gotten permission to stop her meds
- Brandon Lazar has bruises and red splotches on his face
- When Stan "attacks", Rose sees Mason's ghost and leaves the Moroi unprotected. Rose gets in trouble because everybody thinks she did it on purpose. She's facing removal from the field experience but Dimitri can prevent it. She is on probation and has to spend her next day off doing community service
- Ryan taunts Rose over what happened with Stan and Christian and thenimplies Mason's death was her fault. She attacks his assigned Moroi, Camille, to show him that danger can come from anywhere. Adrian uses compulsion on Rose to let Camille go
- Rose lies to Lissa about what happened with Stan because she doesn't want to tell her about Mason's ghost
- Rose tells the others about Victor's trial and that there's a chance he might not be found guilty and that they aren't allowed to go (Shadow Kiss)
3 days later, SaturdayEdit
- Stan "attacks" Lissa and is angry when Rose jumps in because she was supposed to guard Christian. He thinks she only did it to redeem herself
- Lissa's healing powers are back.
- Adrian wants Lissa to show him how to heal. He hurts himself and she heals him. Rose's mood drops
- Rose sees Mason's ghost again
- Christian is jealous of Adrian because Lissa spends so much time with him
- Jesse tells Christian that they formed a group and want him to join them
- start of the weekend (Shadow Kiss)
The next day, SundayEdit
- Rose's community service, Dimitri shows up to help her.
- Rose asks Father Andrew about ghosts. He tells her that it's believed that souls can stay on earth for 3 to 40 days after death.
- Rose meets Jill. She tells her about people getting beat up which reminds Rose of Brandon.
- Rose and Dimitri argue about the trial. She thinks he didn't do enough. (Shadow Kiss)
The next day, MondayEdit
- Alice tells Rose that wards fade and guardians die
- Lissa tells Rose that they are going to Victor's trial and have to pack their things
- Rose apologizes to Dimitri and thanks him for letting them go to the trial. He tells her that he had nothing to do with it.
- Rose has a bad headache and sees shadows. Lissa is trying to help her with her magic but it doesn't work.
- They arrive at the Court
- Tatiana wants to see Lissa. They talk about spirit. The queen realizes that Lissa is in favor of Moroi fighting with the guardians.
- Rose meets Mia at the Court. Rose hasn't seen Mia in almost a month, ever since Mason's funeral.
- Rose thinks about how out of control she'd felt lately and that her feelings sometimes didn't seem like her own
- The group learns that Adrian convinced the queen to let Rose and Lissa go to the trial
- Christian and Lissa have a fight over Adrian
- Rose notices that Adrian is not as bad as she always says
- Rose receives a note from Victor in which he threatens to tell about Rose and Dimitri
- Dimitri apologizes for not being able to get them to court. Rose apologizes for acting like a brat
- Dimitri and Rose visit Victor in his cell. Victor taunts them. Rose asks him about the world of the dead. They talk about Lissa. Dimitri threatens Victor and tells Rose he'd do a lot of things to protect her. (Shadow Kiss)
The next day, TuesdayEdit
- Victor's trial. He is found guilty.
- The queen wants to meet with Lissa again. Tatiana tells Lissa she wants her to live at the Court after graduation and attend college.
- The queen tells Rose to stay away from Adrian and threatens Rose with getting another guardian for Lissa.
- Tatiana mentions Rose's mother and Ibrahim, Rose doesn't know what she's talking about.
- Tatiana explains that she wants Adrian to marry Lissa. She says Lissa cannot associate with someone like Christian because of his parents.
- Rose and Lissa go to a spa
- Rose and Lissa visit the psychic Rhonda.
- Rhonda tells Dimitri that he will lose what he values most.
- Flight back, Rose has a headache again and sees black shapes. Rose sees ghosts. (Shadow Kiss)
After the air flightEdit
- Rose wakes up at the school's infirmary.
- Alberta and Dimitri ask Rose what happened. She tells them she saw ghosts. Dr. Olendzki says Rose should have counseling.
- Rose tells Dimitri that Victor mentiond that she had a connection to the world of the dead because she is shadow-kissed.
- Abby Badica mentions the Mână to Rose.
- Rose tells Lissa, Christian, Eddie and Adrian what happened on the plane.
- Lissa and Adrian practice magic.
- Adrian tells Rose that the darkness in Lissa's aura went away and into Rose's.
- Father Andrew tells Rose that Anna committed suicide.
- Rose sees Mason again. She asks him if he is looking for revenge and he shakes his head. (Shadow Kiss)
The Next dayEdit
- Rose has her first counseling.
- Adrian tells Rose that the Mână is a secret society.
- Alice tells Rose that if she's seen ghosts then they are not save anymore.
- Rose realizes that she saw no ghosts at the Court because they had strong wards.
- Rose asks Dimitri about the wards. He tells they would take months to wear down and cannot be weak because they are laid every two weaks.
- Yuri tells Dimitri that the new wards were put down a few days ago. (Shadow Kiss)
The next weekEdit
- Repetitive pattern for Rose: she follows Christian for three days a week, has her counceling and trains with Dimitri.
- Jesse and Ralf invite Lissa. They reveal that they know something about Christian and say that they will tell her more if she comes to a meeting. Lissa says she was not interested.
- Rose cleans Dimitri's cheek wound after he's injured during field experience. (Flashback is in Chapter six of Blood Promise)(Shadow Kiss)
- Rose's next counseling
- Rose is annoyed because Deirdre acts as if Rose had any choices in what she's doing.
- In her field training Rose fights against Jean, Yuri and Dimitri and is successful.
- Christian and Adrian have a fight.
- Jesse and Ralf's group is holding Lissa. The group attack her in order to find out how strong she is in compulsion. Rose saves her. Lissa uses spirit on Jesse and can't stop it.
- Rose gets Lissa's darkness and wants to attack Jesse. Dimitri leads her into the forest. They go into a cabin. Rose tells Dimitri that the same thing that happened to Anna is happening to her.
- Rose and Dimitri make love. They proclaim their love for each other.
- The Strigoi attack.
- Some Moroi and guardians are dead; others are taken away.
- Rose tells her mother that they have to go after them.
- Rose convinces her mother that some of the Moroi should fight and Janine convinces the other guardians.
- The guardians and Moroi go to the Strigoi.
- Dimitri is bitten by a Strigoi. Rose wants to go after him but her mother tells her that Dimitri is dead.
- The group returns to the school.
- Rose asks Lissa to bring Dimitri back. Lissa tells her she won't. Rose is angry at her because she would do anything for Lissa.
- The guardians check the caves. They bring back those who had been killed. Dimitri's body is not with them.
- Rose asks Mason if Dimitri is a Strigoi and he confirms it. (Shadow Kiss)
Sometime after the battleEdit
- Rose gets her zvezda mark. (Shadow Kiss)
Nearly a week after the battle Edit
- Rose asks Adrian for money because she wants to leave the Academy. (Shadow Kiss)
- Rose leaves the Academy.
- Lissa realizes that Rose loved Dimitri.
- Rose tells Lissa that she has to kill Dimitri because he doesn't want to be a Strigoi.
- Rose and Lissa fight. Rose tells her that for once she wants to come first and do what she wants.
- Mason died more than forty days ago. (Shadow Kiss)
Early or mid-AprilEdit
The day afterEdit
- Rose and Sydney go by train from St. Petersburg to Moscow
- They go by train from Moscow to Siberia at night
Three days laterEdit
- They arrive in Omsk.
- Syndey buys the "Red Hurricane" and they drive to a little village a couple of hours from Baia.
The morning afterEdit
- Rose is brought to Olena Belikova.
A few days afterEdit
- Rose meets Abe Mazur.
- Rose tells the Belikovs about Dimitri.
The day afterEdit
- Rose goes to church with the Belikov's.
- Viktoria meets with Rolan, Abe makes sure Rolan never hits on Viktoria again.
The morning afterEdit
- The four of them pack their belongings and takes turns driving to Novosibirsk.
Two days laterEdit
- They arrive in Novosibirsk and meet with Tamara.
A timeline for the rest of the books. Sorry, I'll be crossing over with some of what is above.
Rose turns 18 on March 21. Wiki birthdate, 21 March 1992. If you subtract 18 from the year, 2007, then Rose was born in 1989. So the wiki birth year are off for both Rose and Lissa. I just leave the year off most of the time, makes the story more timeless.
Rose asks Adrian for money, turns in the paperwork to withdraw from St. Vladimir's Academy, then leaves the academy on March 21 and goes to Russia, it takes her at least a couple of days to get there.
She stays in hotels and searches for Dimitri. She meets Sydney Sage, an 18 year old Alchemist. Sydney and Rose leave St. Petersburg. They are attacked by Stragoi, Rose is nearly killed so her barrier against ghosts is weak, ghosts attack the Stragoi that are fighting Rose and she is able to stake them. She passes out. She wakes up in Dimitri's childhood home and his mother, Olena is taking care of her. She meets Abe.
If Rose was in St. Petersburg for around a week then she'd have met Sydney near the end of March. It takes a day or two to get from St. Petersburg, Moscow, Omsk, and to Baia.
Rose reached Dimitri's hometown a week or so before Easter 2007. She bonds with his family and they have his funeral.
Easter 2007 is on April 8, she attends the Easter service with Olena and the family. That service is where the group of unpromised Dhampirs approach her and ask her to go Stragoi hunting with them. She has an argument with Viktoria that evening, talks with Yeva, and decides to leave that night. Easter night.
She goes with the unpromised Dhampirs for a few days and Dimitri finds her, captures her, keeps her for a week or so.
She escapes, stakes Dimitri, Abe helps her get home.
Once Rose is back at St. Vladimir's she tells Lissa everything.
She's back and talking to Alberta, ch 30 Blood Promise, and she's been gone about 4-5 weeks, the 2007 calendar shows that 4 weeks after her birthday it's April 18th, and 5 weeks is April 25.
That leaves the rest of April, all of May and all of June before they graduate. About 2 1/2 months like Janine said. Rose has the scarf that Abe gave her and Janine recognizes it. Rose finds out that Abe is her father.
Then she receives a letter and a package that contains the stake she used on him. Dimitri wrote:
"You forgot another lesson: Never turn your back until you know your enemy is dead. Looks like we'll have to go over the lesson again the next time I see you---which will be soon.
Rose now knows she has to go see Victor in prison because it was his brother, Robert, that restored a Stragoi. But she's promised her mom that she will stay at St. Vladimir's and graduate. So she is safe for 2 1/2 months.
End of Blood Promise, it's still April. Rose has promised her mother she'll stay in school for the remaining 2 1/2 months. Spirit Bound starts in June at Roses final where she has to lead a Moroi through the trial so she can graduate and become a promised Guardian.
May-June, she plans the prison break to get Victor out and studies so she can graduate at the end of June.
Very end of June
Rose has been receiving "love letters" from Dimitri every week the last 2 1/2 months and he knows things she is doing so she knows he has spies watching her, probably human spies.
Spirit Bound Dimitri starts out with one of the love letters that Dimitri has sent to Rose. He taunts her with statements like "...we no longer require sleep: therefore we no longer dream....If I could dream I know I'd dream about you...I wish you well today as you take your trials....then you'll be turned out of the Academy,...There is no place in this world you can hide from me. I'm watching.
Dimitri realized he should have said "because I love you" on the bridge and he continues to sends her "love letters". She has angered the Stragoi so much that she can never take her place by his side, she must die instead. He is coming to kill her as soon as she leaves school, he can't get to her where she is inside the wards around the campus.
Right before she enters her trial she sees other instructors giving last minute advice to their students, that was how Rose had pictured this day, with Dimitri by her side but he wasn't there. An ache of loneliness flowed through her. She closed her eyes and pretended to have a conversation with him where she'd say I can do this blindfolded...." and he'd shake his head then smile and look at her with pride and encouragement.
Rose goes through her guardian trials.
Everyone graduates and they all go to Court at the end of June.
Rose, Lissa, and Eddie do the jailbreak and get Victor, they go to Vegas as a cover, Dimitri finds her and kills a bunch of people in Vegas, they escape and go back to Court. Rose is punished and not allowed to be with Lissa. Lissa and Christian work with Serena and Grant and learn to use a stake.
Rose is questioned by Tatiana about her prowess as a guardian, the upcoming age law stuff.
Lissa turns 18 on July 10, journal entry in the short story 10th anniversary edition. She goes to Lehigh and Rose isn't allowed to go too.
Dimitri attacks and takes Lissa and Christian captive to lure Rose out. A whole army of guardians accompany Rose to the place where Dimitri is holding them captive. Christian puts a ring of fire around Lissa and then Lissa stakes Dimitri with a stake that she has infused with Spirit. Bright light explodes and Dimitri is restored and is alive again, a Dhampir.
There are only about 5 days between when Dimitri is restored and Tatiana is murdered. Him being restored gives Tasha hope that, if Rose is gone, then Dimitri will turn to her and they can be together plus she wants to get rid of Tatiana due to the age law. Tasha has strong feelings about the Moroi fighting alongside the Dhampirs and thinks Tatiana is ineffective as queen.
Dimitri is feeling a massive amount of guilt. He watched his father, Randall Ivashkov, beat Olena from the time he was very young, all the way up til he was becoming a teenager. His whole life he has fought to maintain control of his feelings and emotions because he doesn't ever want to be like his father. The things Dimitri did to Rose while he held her captive were worse things than Randall ever did to his mother.
This guilt shuts Dimitri down emotionally. He can only feel guilt, he believes he can never love again. He can't look at Rose without remembering everything he'd done so he refuses to see her, she is determined though. She sees him in the chapel for church and goes up and sits beside him. They have a whispered but heated argument where he tells her "Love dies, mine has". This devastated Rose.
Rose turns to Adrian for comfort and they almost have sex but he doesn't have any condoms. So she asks Adrian if he'd like to bite her. Dimitri eventually sees the wounds on her neck and believes Rose has moved on now.
Dimitri was restored on the night of July 10, early morning of July 11. The guardian age law is passed and announced, Rose is angry and blurts out threats against the queen. Tatiana is killed just 5 days later, around July 15-16. Rose is arrested for her murder since her stake was used to kill her. Abe comes and acts as Rose's attorney but they all know that the outcome is already decided. Rose will be sentenced to death for Treason.
Ambrose passes a note to Rose and she finds it is a handwritten note from Tatiana that reveals that some of the royal council wanted to compel all Dhampirs to become guardians, against their will and that there is another Dragomir, Lissa has a half sibling somewhere.
Rose is talking to her father, Abe, in the jail cell and he tells her they don't send royal traitors to prison, they execute them.
End of Spirit Bound.
The week of July 20 through possibly July 27-28
Beginning of Last Sacrifice, just a few days after Dimitri was restored.
Rose is broken out of jail on the day of Queen Tatiana's funeral, around July 20. She was only in jail a few days. They are on the run about a week in West Virginia, Kentucky, and end up in Michigan where they find Jill, then back to Court in about a week.
In this time period Dimitri realizes he still loves Rose, they make love, Dimitri feels extreme guilt because Rose is still technically with Adrian, they restore Sonya Karp, find out that Jill is Lissa's half sister, Rose kills Victor Dashkov but it wasn't on purpose-it was not her fault, Rose forgives herself for killing Victor, tells Dimitri they can't be together until he can forgive himself for the things that happened while he was Stragoi Dimitri, he continues to deal with the guilt he feels but his heart is healing and he's working it out. They head back to court
In the meantime: Lissa has gone through tests while running for queen. Rose is able to check in through the bond and see this. Everyone believes she is the last Dragomir so they argue and this takes time away from them focusing on Rose and Dimitri. The rest of the group is working on finding the true killer. They also think Adrian's mother is the killer.
Rose, Dimitri, Sonya Karp, and Sydney return to court with Jill late July. Rose realizes that Tasha killed Tatiana and exposes her treason.
Tasha takes Mia hostage in a rage and she fires off a shot that will hit Lissa. Rose jumps in the way and is shot by Tasha. Rose dies but modern medicine is able to resuscitate her.
As Rose's eyes close she is looking up at Dimitri and Lissa trying to form the words to tell them how much she loved them. She dies.
July 28-29-August 3
Rose wakes up a few days later in a beautiful room in the palace, she asks Dimitri if Lissa healed her. He said no, did Adrian did it, no, was it Sonya? He finally tells her no one was allowed to heal her. Her own stamina and modern medicine had revived her.
Rose has been cleared of all charges and is now a hero for exposing Tasha.
Rose and Dimitri have a heart to heart talk about the time he was a Stragoi. He tells her when she was looking up at him in the end, he saw it, her deep love for him. He also realized she had truly forgiven him for the things he'd done to her from the time he captured her in Russia and afterwards, even when he was restored he did things to hurt her. He wasn't going to waste his life with guilt and self-loathing. He admitted if he had her love and forgiveness that he could forgive himself too.
While Rose was in surgery and then being cared for while she was unconscious Lissa was voted in as their new queen. By jumping in front of the bullet that was about to hit Lissa Rose proved that she was a true guardian. So she is assigned to Lissa in the Royal Court Guards.
But Dimitri isn't one of Lissa's guardians. Rose is sad but knows that's a good choice by Hans. Then Dimitri tells her he was assigned to Christian. Rose will go off to Lehigh with Lissa but they will be back and forth between court and classes frequently.
Rose and Dimitri's lives are working out better than they'd hoped.
Lissa tells Rose that Ji is a constant reminder that her father cheated on her mother. She's having a hard time accepting her. Jill feels like Lissa doesn't like her and only wants her so she can stay Queen, Rose is a buffer between them when the coronation is planned.
Adrian drops in and confronts Rose, bares his soul to her about how much she hurt him, she'd taken his heart and ripped it up. He reminded her that others didn't fare as well as she did. Eddie, Sydney, Jill, even Victor.
At the coronation Abe and Janine come up. Dimitri joins them and Abe asks him if he likes hunting, they should spend some time together. Janine says she will join them. Abe kisses Janine on her forehead as she starts to go get in her formation. Rose realizes her parents are together and happy.
In the coronation Jill gets to put Lissa's new crown on her head as she becomes their queen.
August: after Lissa's coronation. It's still summer.
Vampire Academy 6.5, "Homecoming".
Homecoming takes place after Rose has recovered from the gunshot wound but before she and Lissa go off to Lehigh to college. Rose says it's summer and Russia/Siberia is green.
This short story was written by Richelle Mead about Dimitri and Rose going to visit his family so they can see he's restored. They go with Mark, Oksana's husband to find an old Stragoi that is killing humans.
End of Vampire Academy
ADRIAN'S LOST CHAPTER, the original first chapter of Bloodlines, Richelle Mead dropped it and started chapter 1 with Sydney's point of view instead. This story is one chapter and is the bridge between the Vampire Academy books and the Bloodlines books.
August 3. Adrian's birthday.
Adrian is walking around Court, it's his birthday, his mother, Daniella, probably won't remember its his birthday because she is being sentenced for her crimes of perjury, she paid a witness to lie, and theft, she stole documents.
Tatiana always remembered his birthday, she even selected his gifts. She hasn't been gone but a couple of weeks and he really misses her.
He hears a voice saying "Happy birthday" and it's Jill.
She talks him into coming to a dinner that evening where everyone is going to talk about her future. She's the queen's only living relative and if something happens to her Lissa can't be queen anymore. This dinner is a big deal and she's obviously a little fearful and nervous.
Jill starts telling Adrian who all will be coming and starts to say Rose but stops herself. Adrian feels deep heart wrenching pain at the mention of Rose's name. He recalls moments when he's seen Rose and Dimitri. Each time it hurt a great deal. He saw them once, guarding Lissa and Christian, and another time sitting outside together looking happy. Adrian did not want to go to a dinner where they'd be. But he saw that Jill was expecting him to say no and how sad she looked, so he said yes, he'd go to the dinner that night to have her back so she wouldn't feel so alone.
In the Bloodlines book Jill was killed at a big deal dinner and Adrian used Spirit to bring her back. Now she's shadow kissed to him. Jill has to go into hiding. Sydney is going to help hide Jill away until it's safe.
The first Bloodlines book begins here.