Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||We're the protectors, the guardians. Dhampirs lives are dedicated to protecting the Moroi. We live by one simple expression: they come first.||”|
In the years before the Dark Ages, Dhampirs were traditionally created through the union of a Moroi and a human, creating a half-vampire half-human hybrid. In modern times, Dhampirs are typically born through the union of a Moroi and another Dhampir.
Unlike the Moroi, Dhampirs do not possess Elemental abilities. Instead they are born with quicker reflexes, increased strength, heightened agility, greater flexibility and vast endurance. With these superhuman physical strengths they are able to match the strength of the Strigoi. Dhampirs such as Rosemarie Hathaway are born with each of these abilities and are trained throughout their years at St. Vladimir's Academy to defend from and if need be take down a Strigoi in combat.
- Regenerative healing factor - Dhampirs heal faster and more effectively than humans. Wounds such as burns and other injuries can heal within a few hours. Their increased metabolism only improves this ability. For example, Mason could walk on his broken leg a day after sustaining it.
- Enhanced Metabolism - Dhampirs have a naturally high metabolism that enhances their physical abilities. Thanks to this enhanced metabolism, Dhampirs are resistant to diseases and most toxins, but not alcohol.
- Enhanced Senses - A Dhampir's five senses are heightened greatly. Dhampir senses are nearly as strong and sensitive as that of a Moroi.
- Night Vision - Dhampirs are able to see in the dark at night.
- Enhanced Memory - Dhampirs have great memory and can recall thoughts and memories much more easily than humans.
- Enhanced Strength - Dhampirs are very physically powerful, allowing them to fight off and possibly kill a Strigoi. They can handle objects three times their body weight. Their strength is naturally greater than that of a Moroi.
- Enhanced Resilience - The dhampir's highly advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than that of a human. The dhampir's bodily tissues are harder and more resistant to certain types of injuries than the bodies of normal humans.
- Enhanced Mobility: Dhampirs are more agile than the Moroi, but not as agile as Strigoi. Training is required to completely achieve this level of agility. They also possess enhanced reflexes and flexibility, which further enhance their combat abilities.
- Enhanced Speed - Dhampirs are much faster than both humans and Moroi .(Their run is invisible to the human eye, "smeared" to the eyes of a Moroi) but they are not as fast as a Strigoi.
- Danger Intuition - Dhampirs can "sense" when danger is near. This is due to their strong instincts and sharp reflexes.
- Species detection - Dhampirs are able to distinguish Strigoi, Moroi, witch and ordinary human via Enhanced Vision and Enhanced Smell. They can also what the Strigoi was before they were turned (e.g. human, Moroi, or Dhampir).
- Daytime walking - Unlike the Strigoi, dhampirs can walk around during the day like humans do.
- Enhanced Beauty - Dhampirs are known to be naturally attractive. They are shorter than Moroi but taller than humans. Their beauty is compared to that of royalty, but they aren't as beautiful as pure vampires.
Dhampirs are able to go into the sun, thus giving them the ability to tan if they wished to. They are seen to be physically stronger in size. Dhampirs are known to be shorter and curvier than the Moroi (Whom are tall and thin), closer to that of an average human. It can be assumed that Dhampirs' enhanced appearances are due to their vampiric genes.
Moroi are attracted to Dhampirs' appearances due to their body shape and beauty, but their relationships have never been seen to reach true romance, typically only a sexual affair, thus creating more Dhampirs.
Dhampirs are unable to produce children with one another. A dhampir and a Moroi can reproduce, the offspring always being Dhampir. Dhampirs can share children with humans, but whether or not the child will be Dhampir is undetermined.
Dhampirs eat like regular humans, but in larger amounts, as their bodies burn through food much faster than humans do.
Dhampirs usually have relationships with Moroi, as to create more Dhampirs. A romantic relationship between a Moroi and a Dhampir during their teenage years is seen as normal, but an adult relationship between the two races is frowned upon due to its complications. The romantic relationship between two Dhampirs is heavily frowned upon, often called a disgrace due to their not being able to produce offspring and abandoning their duty as protectors of the Moroi. The same view is shared on the relationship between a dhampir and a human.
The crude term, "blood whore" is often given to both female and male dhampirs who share blood with Moroi during sex.